Salvos - Procedural Terrain Generation Showcase


It's been a while since I've shared something on my blog but thought I would share my progress on my current personal project, Salvos (working title).

This main premise of the game will be to escape captivity. You are trapped in the center of maze where the center is very lush and full of vegetation. As you venture into the maze things will become more inhospitable.

The below video is the my current progress in procedural generating the center where the player will first spawn.


Whilst there's lot of things that I need to fix, I've very happy with the progress I've made.

For those that are interested, this is made using UE4 and the blueprint system. No line of code was typed in the making of the generation system.

Let me know what you think. :)

Comments

Popular Posts